Serves – 12 glasses 3/4 full
2 cups milk
5 tsp unflavoured gelatin powder
4 cups thicken cream
1 cup + 2 Tbsp caster sugar
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
3 cups small strawberries cut in halves
5 Tbsp caster sugar
1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice
To make the Panna Cotta
In a medium to large pot add 2 cups milk and sprinkle the gelatin over the top.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes until the gelatine has softened.
- Place the pan over a medium to low hear and stir until the mixture is steaming, not boiling (about 4-6 mins)
- Add 4 cups of thicken cream, caster sugar, vanilla extract and pinch of salt.
- Continue stirring for about 5-6 mins until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is steaming.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5-10 mins.
- Whisk in the sour cream once the mixture has slightly cooled. Strain the mixture and divide into the 12 glasses.
- Refrigerate until set 4-6 hours.
To make the Strawberry Sauce
1. In a small space pan, add in 2 cups of strawberries, 5 Tbsp caster sugar, 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice and bring to a low boil until syrupy – 4–5 minutes.
2. Once the sauce has cooled, add 1 cup fresh strawberries.
3. Spoon over the top of chilled Panna cotta’s and serve with baby mint leaves to garnish.