Spinach & Feta Pastry triangles (Sabanekh )
For the dough
4 cups plain flour
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup powdered milk
1 tablespoon dry yeast (soak in 1 cup warm water with 1/2 teaspoon sugar for 10 minutes)
3 cups water
For the feta and spinach filling
4 bunches English spinach
1 large onion, finely chopped
1/2 tablespoon salt
250g feta cheese
2 tablespoons Sumac
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1. For the dough start by adding the dry yeast with 1 cup warm water & 1/2 teaspoon sugar in a medium size bowl. Set aside to rise for 10 minutes.
2. In a large bowl add the plain flour, salt, milk powder and whisk together before adding in the vegetable oil, butter, water & your yeast mixture. 3. Set the dough mixture aside to rise for 1 hour.
4. For the filling, finely chop the english spinach and place in a bowl along with the onion, feta cheese, vegetable oil, sumac and salt.
5. Once the mixture is ready, divide mixture and roll out each dough ball into a circle, place 2-3 tablespoons of mixture in the centre and fold over into a triangular pyramid or semi-circle and place these on a baking tray to be cooked.
6. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degree and place pastries into the oven for 30 mins or until golden brown.