This weeks recipe is one of my all time favourite quick and easy dishes. As a child I grew up fishing with my parents and absolutely loved seafood! My parents also owned a seafood eatery in Springwood called, The Blues Seafood, which was how i was introduced to mussels.
Enjoy the recipe and please let me know if you have any questions.
• 1kg New Zealand mussels or black mussels
• 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1-2 teaspoons chilli flakes
• 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
• 1 teaspoon hot paprika
• 1 small red onion, finely diced
• 400g tin Italian tomatoes, chopped
• 250ml fish stock
• Sea salt & pepper to taste
• Crusty bread (optional)
• Parsley to garnish and fresh sliced chilli
1. Clean and wash the mussels.
2. Place olive oil, garlic and red onion in a medium pot and fry until golden brown.
3. Place the diced tomatoes into the pot and stir on medium heat for 3 minutes to cook reduce down slightly.
4. Add in the fish stock, salt, pepper and chilli
5. Add in the mussels. Cover with a lid, stirring occasionally for 5-10 minutes, until mussels open.
6. Serve in a bowl with crusty bread on the side. Enjoy!