Leading up to Christmas there’s nothing more that I love than baking. The aromas of ginger and cinnamon are a joy in our household … From my family to yours, I hope you enjoy these as much as I do.
3 cups plain flour
120g unsalted butter (softened)
1/2 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
1 tablespoon mixed spices
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well until the mixture combines.
2. Place in fridge for 1-2 hours
3. Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
4. Divide mixture into 6. Roll out each portion between 2 non-stick paper using a rolling pin. Approx 1/2cm thick.
5. cut-out desired shapes using cookie cutters and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Once cooled pipe on your decorations! I used a prepacked icing tube which in white from Woolworths.