My all time favourite dessert is the Pavlova… A super soft marshmallow center with a crunchy crust, topped with whipped cream and fresh fruit… doesn’t get any better! Here’s my version. Enjoy!
6 Egg-whites (Large eggs)
1 1/2 cups caster sugar
4 teaspoons cornflour
1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
300ml double cream
1-2 punnets strawberries
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius. Add the egg-whites to a bowl and beat until soft peaks form.
2. Gradually add in the caster sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time until the mixture is glossy and thick in consistency.
3. Fold through the cornflour and white vinegar using a spatula.
4. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper, place the pavlova mix in the center in a dome shape. Approximately a 20cm round.
5. Place in oven and reduce the heat to 120 degrees Celsius.
6. Bake for 1 hour. Allow to cool in the oven before serving.
7. Whip the cream until thick, layer onto of the cooled pavlova and add sliced strawberries to finish.